An honest reflection of me- in fragments. Imperfect- Grace Covered. Balance. Mom. Wife.
Nurse. Homeschool Teacher. Christ follower first. Second changes. Thankful.

Where are you? I'm here...

Tuesday, October 28, 2014


Chalk scrapped across the worn blackboard
Well loved and used, shaded in un-erasable pale hues 
Flowers towered as giants reaching up to a stretching sun cloaked in wispy clouds 
And stick figures held hands under rainbows
As the white-bearded man strummed his guitar


Without thought I scribbled in fun
"We were here"
Dusty fingers wrapped themselves in his
As particles of chalk danced in our space 
Those three words hung heavy 





Because being present matters
Moments lived and savored 
Or lost
Time speaks 
It speaks in seconds spent, minutes passed, and hours given 
Values and heart shouted in the void of now


Everyday we get 86,400 seconds

I get 86,400 seconds
Not because I deserve them 
But because I'm gifted them
They can't be stock piled but they can be wasted
And I get to choose 
We get to choose


Will I spend them being present?
And what will will those seconds say about me?
How will you spend them?
What does your time say about you?




In memories, and moments shared and dusty chalk board drawings
I hope when all my seconds are spent and my time speaks it will say;  I loved, with everything I had to give, I loved and I loved well, 
That people matter, that Faith sustains, that Hope makes alive and that Worship is living.  

I hope it shouts I choose well, and that "I was here"

Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

No comments:




Favorite Reflections