An honest reflection of me- in fragments. Imperfect- Grace Covered. Balance. Mom. Wife.
Nurse. Homeschool Teacher. Christ follower first. Second changes. Thankful.

Truth or Dare

Friday, October 24, 2014


Truth or Dare
I always chose truth
But if the question was about a boy -sometimes I'd lie
Because didn't everyone like the same boy in middle school?
Truth

Truth hasn't always been easy for me
Ask my mom about the glasses I "needed" in second or third grade
But real truth doesn't change
And the truth is
We are made different

So she poses the question...
Then she asks a few more
And wraps up with this:
"If things are going to change then different needs to cease being a dare"
She's 17
And I know she's going to shape the world 
Because she already is

And she's right
If things are going to change different needs to just be
So I still choose truth
Unchanging and different
I'll build my life on belief
And let the rest fall into place
I've never been good at dares
But I'm pretty okay with being just me



Writing for 5 min about one word and 
linking up over at Katemotaung.com
#fmf
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

2 comments:

martha68 said...

hi jamie, i'm your neighbor at fmf:) i love your post:) sadly, it often is daring to be truthful isn't it? nice to meet you.

Liz said...

Great post! Thanks for sharing. Visiting from www.simplycomplexmom.com FMF




Favorite Reflections