An honest reflection of me- in fragments. Imperfect- Grace Covered. Balance. Mom. Wife.
Nurse. Homeschool Teacher. Christ follower first. Second changes. Thankful.

What! You too? Friendship

Friday, October 10, 2014

Third grade in a single file line we walked, feet shuffling, emotions unsure
Waiting for the bomb threat all-clear 
And she asked if I prayed

Sleep-overs, Ace Of Base sing-a-longs, original song writing, and a second house to call my home
 Growing up, growing apart and back together again
Born To Be

Toddlers twisted around legs, babes in our arms
Wading through the emotions; long days, tired days, tantrums, dirty diapers and tears
Being a Mom of 2 under 2 - MOPS

I came with a lists of questions and the reluctant feeling..."I don't want my kids to be weird"
She made coffee, pulled out textbooks, workbooks and we laughed about our shared feeling
Homeschool




Together
All our cares start to not seem so silly, or they're rendered ridiculous
Because we share them
Caring for each other
Bound together in the little things
Ready to face the big ones
Together

Because life is better when you know you're not alone
I can't imagine life without my 
What! You toos?







Linking up with the Five Minute Friday crew
Writing for 5 minutes about one word - CARE 
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

6 comments:

Courtney said...

Oh I absolutely love this. Though your words are much more eloquent than our conversation was, my long time best friend and co-mother of toddlers and I had this same conversation the other day. God given friendship is truly one of life's greatest blessings (especially when you've got toddlers)! Just stopping by from FMF. God bless!

Unknown said...

I love the direction you took this! Can very much relate. Your writing style is fun! I'm reminded of my blessings reading your post.

S said...

I loved this. I loved the quote by CS Lewis. I had never read this one. Thank you. I wish we could have a play date. i'm in a similar boat. fresh 'ish' to homeschool . only 2 years in. enjoying the blessings and enduring the questions and feelings of inadequacies. would love to chat about what you've learned!

JamieLGunn said...

Blessings to you too Courtney! There really isn't much better than a good friend to share the load with us! God is so good

JamieLGunn said...

Thanks Maggie! Counting my blessings everyday :)

JamieLGunn said...

I love play dates - especially when they include coffee! Praying your homeschool adventure is fully blessed and give yourself LOTS of grace!




Favorite Reflections