An honest reflection of me- in fragments. Imperfect- Grace Covered. Balance. Mom. Wife.
Nurse. Homeschool Teacher. Christ follower first. Second changes. Thankful.

Grace Isn't a Second Chance

Wednesday, October 15, 2014




On each line write a name
You pick which name goes where
One line gets the name Jesus
The other yours

Me...
I make mistakes everyday
I get irritated instead of being gracious
I rush when I need to be patient
I plan instead of praying
I take love for granted
I put ME first
 That's not to say I don't try, 
Everyday I try
Try to be kind, and better, and self-less, and patient
I know I'll never be enough on my own
But still I try
Because isn't grace a second chance
A chance to do it different?
To do it right?




But this...
2 Corinthians 5:21 - God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.


Me? -The righteousness of God 
Me? -Living IN Him
Grace isn't a second chance to try harder
It's everything
Because Jesus became what I was
Sin
And took what I deserved
Death
To give me what I couldn't earn
LIFE
Grace is breath, and blood, and heart, and soul
Filling, moving, sparking
Grace is the power, purpose, and personality of Christ living inside of me
Grace is the banner over our life 
Because sin is finished
And I don't have to try


Romans 11:6 - ...it is no longer by works; if it were, grace would no longer be grace.


I just need to surrender



And LIVE in His grace
It's not a second chance
It's my everything - everyday



*Inspired by several lessons and conversations
with a couple of really solid Youth Pastors
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

1 comment:

Cole said...

Absolutely love this, Jamie!




Favorite Reflections