An honest reflection of me- in fragments. Imperfect- Grace Covered. Balance. Mom. Wife.
Nurse. Homeschool Teacher. Christ follower first. Second changes. Thankful.

A Bird's-Eye View...

Saturday, October 11, 2014




"If I could be any animal I think I would be a bird, because it would be really cool to fly" he said
"I'd be a bird too, just imagine all that you could see..." she chimed

A heavenly view
Surveying the vast checker board of life
Painted with greens and blues
Shaded in hues of laughter, hurt, joy, doubt, love, and content
And what of time?
Could we fly so high that time looses its grip
Un-ruled by a schedule
Today and tomorrow melding together into forever

How great would it be to be a bird...
But of worms, and wind and homes made from mud and sticks
I think I'd rather not

Instead, to choose a bird's-eye view
Discerning today for all that it's not
Seeing now for all that it is
A piece of eternity
That matters
Ripe to enjoy, care, laugh, forgive, love, choose

Is today waiting for me to engage?
Begging for me to fly?
To lift above the mundane, routine and money
To live
Un-ruled by the things that don't matter
Filled with the things that do

Birds trust that the little things of today will be
And they take flight to see

I want to take flight,
Engage, Live, See
And live today for eternity
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

No comments:




Favorite Reflections