An honest reflection of me- in fragments. Imperfect- Grace Covered. Balance. Mom. Wife.
Nurse. Homeschool Teacher. Christ follower first. Second changes. Thankful.

Confessions of a working mom

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Let's face it, all moms are working
And if you disagree;
1. maybe you should adjust your view, and
2. you're wrong
I just happen to work both in and out of my home
Now back to the subject at hand, which is also numbered
1. I cooked dinner only once this week (and that was because I was scheduled to take dinner to a new mom) -FAIL
2. This was my one shift week
3. It's budget week (guess that's not really a confession)
4. I'm contemplating a two-year plan that will radically change my "work" and schedule
5. Chick-Fil-A was dinner twice this week - FAIL, but YUM
6. The clean laundry is piled, not so neatly, in a laundry basket hidden in the basement - FAIL
7. I don't iron - Is it a fail if you just don't?
8. I wash both colors and whites at the same time (on the cold cycle, of course) - FAIL
9. Laundry is my nemesis (see #6 through #8)
10. Jacob irons his dress-shirt in the wee hours of the morning himself (see #6 and #7) - AWESOME HUSBAND

I'll gladly fail at these things weekly;
If it means I get to play with the kids at the park, and the pool.
If it means I can volunteer more, and kiss my afore mentioned awesome husband more.
If it means I have more time to give back to God in devotion and prayer.

So here's to another week filled with pulling this mornings wrinkled outfit from a basket, in-frequent cooking, and more failing :)
For the love of quality time,
Me
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

1 comment:

A. Reed said...

Hmmm.... My vote is for "A+"! No "FAILs" for you from my book, Girl. You do SO MUCH, and you do it all SO WELL.




Favorite Reflections