An honest reflection of me- in fragments. Imperfect- Grace Covered. Balance. Mom. Wife.
Nurse. Homeschool Teacher. Christ follower first. Second changes. Thankful.

Like a weed (in the best possible way)

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Reading Sara Trollinger's Unglued & Tattooed as part of my House of Hope ministry preparation
Has been eye opening, difficult, and at times makes me physically ill.
Like I have to put it down or I'm afraid I will vomit (and I'm only through the second chapter).

Speaking of vomit, a bag of it leaked on me, my fun yellow purse, and Trollinger's book as I dared to hold it arms length out the window as we trekked up the winding road home from the lake.
I have my brother to thank for the root beer filled belly of my 4 year old.

Anyway.

I look at my beautiful, head-strong, passionate, imaginative Charlie and I can't picture 13, or 17 or 19
Except I can, and my stomach churns
And so I pray for a "Caleb" to come along side me and say
"We can do it -Yes, God can accomplish this work"
Because I know God has also called me to balance, and my children need my investment in them
And although patience is a virtue it's not one I naturally possess in great quantity
So I pray and I wait
And in the wait :
I'll keep reading because knowledge is power, and I'm going to need a strong stomach
And I'll pray some more, because He's listening and has the answers
And I'll continue in my devotion time, to know Him better
And I'll  finish my prayer card, so my thoughts and prayers are rooted in scripture

So my faith is growing like the proverbial weed
I'm filled with excitement and anticipation of how God is going to move.
And praying his movement isn't prefaced with a time of wandering in the dessert before He knocks down the walls.  Guess that would really grow my patience!

For the love of rooted growth, and patience in small doses!
Me
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

1 comment:

A. Reed said...

I love the music!! How did you do that? And -- most importantly -- I love this post. I am praying with you for your "Caleb". (And I'm bummed about your yellow purse, too!) Love you!




Favorite Reflections