An honest reflection of me- in fragments. Imperfect- Grace Covered. Balance. Mom. Wife.
Nurse. Homeschool Teacher. Christ follower first. Second changes. Thankful.

A fast 5

Friday, September 24, 2010

This birth-day in comparison to the day of your birth was;
Fun-filled - I wouldn't call labor fun
It was directed by you - exactly like your debut
Your laughter was contagious and unconfined- tears were the only thing we shared on the day of your birth
Today was seemingly painless, minus the nagging twinge I feel for the loss of your tiny-ness and dependence on me
I spent a considerable amount of time hunched over your tiny body begging God to heal and protect you then - today I just thanked Him for the healthy growing boy you are
I got to hold you for the first time - at bedtime you asked me to sleep with you for 1 minuet (which turned into 10, and you hugged me and teased me that now you might be too old to give me hugs - I convinced you, a boy is never too old to hug his mom, and another hug followed)
Tonight you said "I love you mom"

It seems like yesterday.  That long day of labor at the hospital, surrounded by family and visited by friends.  And than another long week would follow as we prayed for you, and waited for you to be well and ready for us to bring you home.  But that was five years ago - how you've grown, and so have I.
Love you Ethan!
Your hug-able mommy forever
Me
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

1 comment:

A. Reed said...

What a beautiful tribute! So true -- all of it. :)




Favorite Reflections