An honest reflection of me- in fragments. Imperfect- Grace Covered. Balance. Mom. Wife.
Nurse. Homeschool Teacher. Christ follower first. Second changes. Thankful.

The Call

Monday, August 30, 2010

If you have been reading my blog recently - you've seen a little piece of what's on my heart
My "big heart" as mom put it.
God has been binding up pieces of my life experience (all 28 years!)
Lightening the burden my heart carries -because it's His too
And weaving a vision through scripture into my life
Matthew 9:36-38 : When he saw the crowds He had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless like sheep without a shepherd.  Then He said to His disciples; The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few.


I get so wrapped up in my day to day grind
I'm selfish
I was missing the helpless and harassed
That's why God strategical placed her, and him and her in my path
I refuse to be anymore
See, I've always been a little skeptical when
I've heard others talk about receiving "the call" or being "called"
I apologize
Maybe God doesn't have a specific call for each of us?
Maybe before I wasn't able or ready to listen?
But, now that I've heard there's nothing else I can do that will feel right until I am doing this work.
And so, I guess that's what it feels like to be called.
I am a doer, sometimes to my demise
But in doing something about this I will not fail, for He is with me
ACTIONS
Thursday I met with the director of House of Hope KC
I shared my heart, she shared her story.
And today I go for Big-Sister orientation
It's a start, a small step in the journey to;
Someday having our own non-for-profit organization and home for healing teen girls

God can use me 
I am confident in Him
Pray with me
And if you feel called join with me!



Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

1 comment:

A. Reed said...

Praying for your journey, Girl! Keep me posted! "Be strong and courageous, for the Lord your God is with you." (Joshua)




Favorite Reflections