An honest reflection of me- in fragments. Imperfect- Grace Covered. Balance. Mom. Wife.
Nurse. Homeschool Teacher. Christ follower first. Second changes. Thankful.

Patient Y

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I've taken care of you before
You make me sad
Your life will never be full like my Ethan or Charlie's
You will probably never walk or talk
Your mommy didn't want you
She tired to destroy you
But instead you were born into this cold world, early
Too early, and it damaged you
We "saved" you
They took you away from her, and then tried to give you back again

I've pleaded with God for you
And wrestled with why - why did God let us "save" you,
How can someone feel the gift of life within themselves and not feel love,
Why did you continue to suffer?

But this night, your new foster family arrived with you
I asked your new "mom" if she would like to hold you,
And tears rolled down her cheeks as she rocked you
She caressed you little toes and your fingers wrapped instinctively around hers.

And in that moment I didn't wrestle any longer
You are for her, and she is for you
God saved you because He knew she was waiting for you
He knew I would stand witness to the love she has for you
An earthly example of God's love
Taking the hurting and the broken, loving and caring for them
You will be forever cared for by our Heavenly Father,
but on this earth God has reserved a place for you in her heart and she loves you.
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

No comments:




Favorite Reflections