An honest reflection of me- in fragments. Imperfect- Grace Covered. Balance. Mom. Wife.
Nurse. Homeschool Teacher. Christ follower first. Second changes. Thankful.

Be Blessed

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I can usually make the 2.5 hour drive home no-stops, no-problem. But not yesterday.

A ragged looking man sat sadly, holding a dog and duffel bag, at the corner of the convenience store. His cheeks rough, covered in scruff and in need of a shave, his skin tanned and leathery.

When I returned to the car Jacob was giving him all the change he could collect from his pockets and the crevices of the car. I opened my purse and pulled out the meager 6.00 I had.

All total we gave the man $8.00.

It didn't seem like much, but it was all we had to give.

He returned our small gift with a smile; dimples emerged from under the scruff of his cheeks and gratitude lit his eyes, and the blessing "May Jesus be with you."

"And may God bless you" was our simple, but genuine reply.



Be blessed.
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

No comments:




Favorite Reflections