An honest reflection of me- in fragments. Imperfect- Grace Covered. Balance. Mom. Wife.
Nurse. Homeschool Teacher. Christ follower first. Second changes. Thankful.

The dreaded "V"

Saturday, October 3, 2009

You were nervous
You held my hand
We made small talk
We laughed, a lot
They called you back
I didn't feel sad
I was worried I might feel sad
I didn't really feel anything
I prayed for you and for the doctor
It was quiet
People came and people went
I prayed some more
You came back to me
Brave face, stiff walk
You smiled
And we talked
Complications
And the realization, once again
How little control we have
How little the things we have, have anything to do with us
Two-perfect blessings
Thankfulness
I Love you Jacob
Thank you God
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am glad this is over and done with.

"The realization, once again
How little control we have
How little the things we have, have anything to do with us"

yep, yep, and yep...

You always nail it right on the head, Jamie.




Favorite Reflections