An honest reflection of me- in fragments. Imperfect- Grace Covered. Balance. Mom. Wife.
Nurse. Homeschool Teacher. Christ follower first. Second changes. Thankful.

Patient X

Monday, July 6, 2009

I see your sad eyes
I hear your broken heart
I feel your tormented spirit
Your body abused and scared
Your manner manipulative, fearful, desperate

You're a victim of this cruel world
You've not seen or known true love
Selfless and sacrifice are foreign words to you
Abandoned, Lost and Alone
You struggle through life

You're only 16- you've tried that many times to end your life
You pace restlessly, hands over your ears
You hear voices, I prayed for them to disappear
I am still praying for you

You didn't rest that night
You parents weren't there, they didn't even call
We laughed some and you smiled some
We were serious and still

You gave me a hug and asked if I loved you
I said I did, but that God loved you more
You scoffed
My hands firmly on your shoulders I peered into your sad eyes and repeated again
He does, God loves you more
You were quiet

The next day you were gone
Where are you now
Are your eyes still sad, Is your heart still hurting
Do you remember what I said
Do you believe it
Will you ever
What more can I do
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

1 comment:

Natasha said...

It's a hurting world we live in. Thank you for sharing Jesus love when you can!




Favorite Reflections