An honest reflection of me- in fragments. Imperfect- Grace Covered. Balance. Mom. Wife.
Nurse. Homeschool Teacher. Christ follower first. Second changes. Thankful.

OCD

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Before bed each night I am drawn to the front door. My eyes tell me it's locked, yet my feet move toward it, arm outstretched and fingers reaching. The sensation of the cool-smooth metal glides under my finger-tips and there is calm within me.

How is it that the sensation of a metal lock turned to the west can give me a sense of peace?

For one week I have passed by the door, fingers pressed to my side, believing what my eyes see. I was not created to be ruled by such impulses and feelings of anxiety. And I refuse to continue to be!

2Timothy 1:7 --For I have not given you a spirit of fear, but of power, love and sound mind.

Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

No comments:




Favorite Reflections