An honest reflection of me- in fragments. Imperfect- Grace Covered. Balance. Mom. Wife.
Nurse. Homeschool Teacher. Christ follower first. Second changes. Thankful.

More than skin deep

Thursday, May 20, 2010

I received an invitation to join an invitation-only online community, because of my blog, specifically its "super impressive design" (laughable - it's a standard blog spot template) "and content"
I was skeptically, but a little intrigued
So I checked it out
It's a fashion site
And although I have become more of a girly-girl in recent years, and my DVR records What Not To Wear
Fashionista, I'm not...
I'm more of a low budget work-in-progress,
I need to make a shopping date with this girl, although she might deny it she is a fashion inspiration to me (and a few others I know).
Anyway
I decided I don't have the time nor do I want to make the time to have an opinion on random strangers outfits and color combinations.
I definitely do have opinions.
Besides, for me beauty is a lot more than the clothes and accessories you put on.
No matter how you embellish the outside, if the inside is or feels ugly - it's not going to matter
We need to have an attitude of beauty that radiates from the inside-out
You can't find it in a store,
it's not for sale - that's because it's free
but that also doesn't mean it's easy...

So here are "my" beauty tips:
clothed with Jesus Christ (Romans 13:14)
clothed modestly, and with good deeds (1Timothy 2:9-10)
clothed with strength and dignity (Proverbs 31:25)
clothed with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience (Colossians 3:12b)
Is not life more important than food and the body more important than clothes? (Matthew 6:25b)
Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart (1 Samuel 16:7b)


If we're clothed in Jesus and daily applying the accessories of goodness to the inside,
The clothes we wear to cover our bodies the bling we add for fun - doesn't seem that important
So, lookville.com -- I'm not sure you want my opinion.

Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

1 comment:

Anonymouse said...

1. you're crazy.
2. you are way more fashionable than me.
3. you're crazy.
4. i'm always up for a shopping trip.




Favorite Reflections