An honest reflection of me- in fragments. Imperfect- Grace Covered. Balance. Mom. Wife.
Nurse. Homeschool Teacher. Christ follower first. Second changes. Thankful.

Expectations

Monday, May 17, 2010

Our 6-year anniversary of marriage is quickly approaching
And last night we celebrated on Jacob's parents dime (thank-you in laws!)
Free babysitting and ca$h for dinner :)
We conversation-spied on the table of 60+ year-olds talking about Lady-Gaga and the top-40 music scene (and we laughed - because, well...seriously?)
We enjoyed tasty food from NORTH - modern Italian cuisine
We talked about the kids, and about the worry and stress that comes with parenthood
And breathed a sigh of relief together as it seems Ethan is returning to normal
The waitress couldn't keep our water glasses full enough
We ordered two desserts, and one-decaf coffee for me
And I posed the question "Are we where you thought we'd be six years ago?"
Jacob's simple reply was "no"
And when I asked for an explanation...
"I didn't have any expectations" was his reply
I love him for this!
And he loves me in spite of my expectations!
He's my comic relief, my dose of honesty and he's up for the challenges- whatever they may be.
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

No comments:




Favorite Reflections