An honest reflection of me- in fragments. Imperfect- Grace Covered. Balance. Mom. Wife.
Nurse. Homeschool Teacher. Christ follower first. Second changes. Thankful.

Sabotage

Friday, May 7, 2010

I want to love salads, I really do
I want to be healthy
I don't want to crave sweets
ALAS...
The trouble all started Wednesday
Cinco de Mayo.
Fiesta planned, and birthday's to celebrate
Of course, no meal and birthday celebration with friends is complete without dessert...and I volunteered
I LOVE to bake
Peach pie (for one friend):
Homemade crust (with real butter, you can make it with lard too, but please do not make pie-crust from something that comes out of a tub or canister)
Fresh peaches, painstakingly peeled and hand sliced, but so worth it
Fresh grated cinnamon, a mixture of dark brown and regular sugar and a touch of flour to help the mixture gel
Funfetti cake, light on the strawberry icing (for the other friend):
I like cake out of a box, it's easy and familiar, just like mom used to make :)
I'm a fan of both Duncan Heinz and Pillsbury, Pillsbury happened to be on sale so we had Pillsbury.

I had eaten frugally all day, my fiesta meal was lettuce, with sirloin and fajita style peppers and onions (no cheese and no sour-cream).
The trade off was getting to eat the peach pie ala mode of course
But then there was left over cake and I had two-pieces of that (small pieces)
And then I had to work all night Thursday and ate a slice of chocolate chip cookie for happy nurses week (because I'm a nurse and I am happy).
On arrival home Friday morning, I had two-slices of cinnamon-sugar toast and washed it down with cinnamon toast crunch.
Then indulged in a burger from BRGR, onion straws and sweet potato fries (two-big thumbs up, 5 stars, whatever restaurants get...I loved this place - Visit it)

And so my Monday through Wednesday afternoon efforts have been sabotaged, by myself. My lack of self-restraint, my rationalization, and my love for food.

It's so hard to love a salad
But I'm trying
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow ye diet.
~William Gilmore Beymer

Hang in there... tomorrow is another day. :o)




Favorite Reflections