An honest reflection of me- in fragments. Imperfect- Grace Covered. Balance. Mom. Wife.
Nurse. Homeschool Teacher. Christ follower first. Second changes. Thankful.

Mom

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Proverbs 31:10 A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies.
Our sermon today was about the 7-qualities of a woman that make her a "ruby"
Without my mom - who is a ruby (NO doubt), her example, her love, her prayers, her forgiveness, her mediation (you know)
I would not be the woman I am today.
To be completely honest I've always been a little intimidated by Proverbs 31. It's a lot to live up to, but when I heard these 7-qualities and realized I had a shining example of them in my life, somehow it seemed a little more attainable.
I've always wanted to be like you mom...
1. Hard Worker -- I don't remember a day when you weren't up before me or in bed after me, and it was because you were being a servant to our family.
2. Godly Priorities -- The image is etched into my memory, clutter kitchen table and you with your coffee and the Word opened up journaling. It was how you started your day (it's how I try to end mine)
3. True Beauty -- Absolutely beautiful, from the inside-out. Enough said!
4. Moral Virtue -- I grew up watching you and dad; hug, kiss, laugh, love and sacrifice for each other and even more for us.
5. Spirit of Hospitality -- It may have been a rat race to get the house cleaned up, or maybe it didn't matter if it was a mess...honestly I can't remember. But what I do remember is our house was always open, it was a place filled with friends, and a place that all were welcome.
6. A servant's heart -- While we straightened hymnals you were busy scrubbing toilets and vacuuming floors, while we played games you played the piano, while we sat and listened you taught. Thank you
7. Spiritual Maturity -- You seek His word, you pray, you have a quiet and gentle spirit. And while the fruit of the spirit's not a coconut, it is you!
Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness and Self-Control.

I can't take back the years I try so hard to forget.
The years I hurt you.
But I can thank you for believing in me, for trusting God and for the countless hours you spent in prayer over me.
I never really understood until I held Ethan, the words you spoke with such conviction "you'll understand when you have kids"
And I do understand, I do.
Thank you for being a Ruby mom, and for helping me strive to be one too.
I love you!

Proverbs 31:31 Bring her the reward she has earned, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.
Mom, you deserve to be praised and I am so very thankful God gave me to you. I hope your work in me brings you praise.
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

No comments:




Favorite Reflections