An honest reflection of me- in fragments. Imperfect- Grace Covered. Balance. Mom. Wife.
Nurse. Homeschool Teacher. Christ follower first. Second changes. Thankful.

How to be changed for the better -

Friday, August 22, 2014


I've been pondering this word
CHANGE
And how time does
It changes me
Or is it I change with the passing
Each moment
Full or empty
Intentional or lacking in the routine and self-absorption
We do
In time - Change

And I think of how when faced with a need to change -to not send our kids back to their public school
How choices change
Choices made, or avoided
They alter
And how this choice made in faith
Trusting
Not ready
Unknowing how much homeschool would teach me
Mold me
And reform me
Help me to see how thin I was living my life
How busy, busy with good things, but wrong things
And
How detached I was from the two I had been given
Because that was normal
And I didn't know what I was missing
This is NOT to say everyone should homeschool - it is to say that God needed me to
And when I was faithful to choose change
He changed me
His best, though stretching and above my sight of understand, was realized
In the courage to change

How is time and choice changing you?

For the love of hard change, and the courage to make it so,
Me



Find more inspiration to be hidden and changed in the place
you are now here at sarahmae.com
Linking up today with my friends and sisters at Five Minute Friday 





Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

8 comments:

Joe Siccardi said...

Visiting as your FMF neighbor. Good job!

Meredith Bernard said...

You are speaking my language today, Jamie. This right here brings me to tears, "Help me to see how thin I was living my life
How busy, busy with good things, but wrong things
And
How detached I was from the two I had been given
Because that was normal
And I didn't know what I was missing”
That’s how I feel. Even now that I’ve been home for almost 10 months, and just a week into this homeschooling…I know it was the right decision, but I know I have a long ways to go. I also know it’s going to be good…maybe more for me than them. Bless your words…thank you for sharing from your heart. I’m glad we met through FMF! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Your changes are His and He never leaves us nor forsakes us. He does change us when we allow Him to and we then are blessed. Yes, it does, indeed, take courage yet that strength comes from God.
I echo your words..."For the love of hard change, and the courage to make it so." Powerful and glad I came by.
Caring through Christ, ~ linda

JamieLGunn said...

Thanks Joe! Appreciate the visit and comment.

JamieLGunn said...

I'm so very glad too! Are you going to Declare 2015?

JamieLGunn said...

Thanks for visiting Linda and for your comment!

S said...

I am with you in this new to me homeschooling thing. I did it last year for kindergarten because I just knew for now I was supposed to. Sometimes that is hard to explain to everyone who is not doing it. God impresses different things on you at different times and I just knew that this was what our girls needed and we needed. right now.
I think its easier to chew on and do when you just think by the year rather than all the way up. For the now we are doing what God has called us to do. There is a lot of fun in it and adventure and a whole lot of stress too. Definitely sometimes hard to separate teacher from mom, but in a way we are our child's first teacher in everything else. I loved your comment about being "too thin" and being disconnected from your kids. That really is the beauty of homeschooling, to spend your day with your child rather than away. To do life together. Hope its a wonderful year for you! Find something you really enjoy learning and incorporate it. They are excited, when you are excited about something!

JamieLGunn said...

Summer - I have found I love history! And it's one of our favorite things to do together :). Keep pressing on in faithfulness sister knowing you're not alone!




Favorite Reflections