An honest reflection of me- in fragments. Imperfect- Grace Covered. Balance. Mom. Wife.
Nurse. Homeschool Teacher. Christ follower first. Second changes. Thankful.

Drawn

Friday, August 29, 2014




He threw out a life line
He reached out His hand
He drew me up out
And I began to breathe again

I didn't know I was drowning
Until I breathed in this new air
His hand outstretched
And my way now made clear

The walk with Him isn't always easy
But to His hand I hold tight
Because He drew me out
He gave me new life

So I give what I have
Admittedly not much
And He never lets go
Through doubt, insecurity, and feeling I'm not enough

He reached out for me
He drew me up out
I choose life with Him 
No matter what comes
Because He is my Life Line
My Savior 
My Lord



Linking up today with Kate Motanung 
the Five Minute Friday #writers at #fmfparty

Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

10 comments:

E Adams Wright said...

Beautiful post, Jamie. "He reached down from on high and drew me out of deep waters.” I say a resounding amen to this lived truth. Visiting from Five Minute Friday. Blessings to you.

annette @ A Net In Time said...

well written. God reached down and drew me up...

Pitterle Postings said...

Beautiful post and I love your poem. Visiting from 5 minute friday! What a gift you have for words.

Unknown said...

Very poetic! Love the flow.

JamieLGunn said...

Thank you! Blessings to you too

JamieLGunn said...

Thanks Annette!

JamieLGunn said...

Thank you Patricia!

JamieLGunn said...

Thanks Jodie!

Julie Lefebure said...

Beautifully written post! Such powerful truths! Glad we share our faith in Him. Thank you for sharing your heart here!

S said...

love the words of this short and powerful piece. i love the line about us not having 'admittedly much' to offer..




Favorite Reflections