An honest reflection of me- in fragments. Imperfect- Grace Covered. Balance. Mom. Wife.
Nurse. Homeschool Teacher. Christ follower first. Second changes. Thankful.

Jesus Loves Me, Anyone?

Friday, April 23, 2010

It had been a day full of brotherly/sisterly button-pushing
Imaginary power had been stolen, the hula-hoop instructor wasn't being listened to, hula-hoops turned into weapons, the knight captured the princess- who then decided she wasn't a princess anymore.
And round and round they went
It was all I could to to keep the peace
And my patience was wearing very thin by 6:30pm
I was feeling more resilient with the reinforcement of daddy,my back-up, at my side
But, while trapped inside the metal box on wheels that is our car
It all started to come crashing down
Little voices raised
Shouts of "stop it Charlie"
and "EEEEEEEthan!"
Little fists swinging
Mommy's voice bellowed "HEY"
And silence...
Why don't you and Charlie sing a song together? - Daddy suggested
Charlie obstinately decline.
Silence...
Daddy persisted.
"Jesus loves me, anyone?"

I smiled, laughed and my frustration magically-melted away
Ethan's voice sang out loudly first- "JESUS LOVES ME THIS I KNOW"
Daddy chimed in "FOR THE BIBLE TELLS ME SO"
And by the chorus, all four of our voices rang out
"YES, JESUS LOVES ME"
"YES, JESUS LOVES ME"
"YES, JESUS LOVES ME"
"THE BIBLE TELLS ME SO"

I could have chalked this day up as a failure,
I was about to.
Patience lost, Kind words gone, Edgy, and Worn down.
And it all melted away with the simple reminder of how much Jesus loves Me.
How little I deserve it, but How thankful I am.

Jesus Loves Me, Anyone?
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

No comments:




Favorite Reflections