An honest reflection of me- in fragments. Imperfect- Grace Covered. Balance. Mom. Wife.
Nurse. Homeschool Teacher. Christ follower first. Second changes. Thankful.

I think I want...

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

To be the girl who can do it all

As I was sweeping the dirty floors, which were way overdue (The Place We Dump Our Stuff)
Within my pile of dirt and grime resided several buttons, a shoe-lace, a couple gems from broken costume jewelry and a single-fake pearl
And I thought to myself...
I wish I was the type of mom who could stop for five minutes, and create something brilliant from this dusty eclectic junk
Instead I threw it away
And pondered all the things I could or should be (for about 10 seconds)
Then someone needed help going to the potty, and dinner needed to be made, and I had to finish the reports from my audit, and I danced with the kids and I sang Jesus loves me and I read David and Goliath for like the 100th time, and I kissed my husband, and I prayed and I breathed in real deep and I let it all out
And I realized - I'm already doing it
Who cares about a junky bracelet that would probably end up in the trash anyway
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

No comments:




Favorite Reflections