An honest reflection of me- in fragments. Imperfect- Grace Covered. Balance. Mom. Wife.
Nurse. Homeschool Teacher. Christ follower first. Second changes. Thankful.

Miss Congeniality

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Today I picked you up from school
You greet me each time with such enthusiasm
In a dead sprint (table to door in about 4 seconds)
Arms stretched open,
Ear to ear grin,
Shouting "MaahhhMEEEEE"!
And you fall into my arms

Today, your teachers told me "Charlie has quite a following, she's just so animated imaginative and articulate."
And your report paper read...
"Today I was so happy playing with all my friends! Charlie is very popular :)"

I'm sure it wasn't your second-hand gap-tank and coordinating brown skirt
or your disheveled brown hair with the braid strategically banded atop your head like a tiara.
It's YOU, just you
And I just smiled while holding you in my arms
And you kissed my cheek

Charlie girl, you light up a room.
You are energetic and beautiful.
You are self-assured and kind.
You are animated (which sometimes gets classified as dramatic - in certain situations) and very imaginative!
I want to remember today.
I'm not going to think about the day when popularity might change for you.
I'm just going to keep encouraging you to be YOU!
Because you're perfect just as you are, and I love you!
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

No comments:




Favorite Reflections