An honest reflection of me- in fragments. Imperfect- Grace Covered. Balance. Mom. Wife.
Nurse. Homeschool Teacher. Christ follower first. Second changes. Thankful.

Hugs

Friday, April 2, 2010

On MOPS Tuesday's I visit the Chick-fil-a with two friends. After eating our chicken, and licking all the drips that trickle down the sides of our kids free cones the children disappear into the wonderfully clean, sound-proof-booth that is the play place. And the girls get to talk.
Sometimes we talk about shoes and new wardrobes, but today after a refill of diet-lemonade, or was it tea? We started talking about the real "stuff" of life.
Like loss, our crappy world, infertility, etc.
When someone is grieving - we hug them. When someone is happy - we hug them. When we want to say I love you - we hug. When we want to say I'm sorry - we hug.
And, it's a funny thing the human reaction.
While some are renewed and strengthened in the embrace of another's arms, others melt into a soppy pile of tears as the emotions we thought we had under-control come rushing back to the surface; and with wounds re-opened and more painful than the initial injury we fall-to-pieces.
Me, I'm a little of both; but mostly the wounded, fall-to-pieces, soppy pile of tears option. That doesn't mean you shouldn't hug me - just consider this your fair-warning of my natural human-reaction.
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Man, and I thought you had it all together. You always just look so, well, TOGETHER. I saw you in the picture of you with your little nephew and you just seemed so "put back together".

Me? I'm a mess. Did I tell you that I cannot hold newborns?

I am thanking God for blogs. :)

JamieLGunn said...

I loved holding him, and everytime I've- AGAIN - made peace with it, with our decision someting stirs me up.
Please feel free to fall-apart with me anytime - via blog or non-blog :)
I don't often comment, or maybe ever...but I love your blog - your honest, funny, and real :)




Favorite Reflections