An honest reflection of me- in fragments. Imperfect- Grace Covered. Balance. Mom. Wife.
Nurse. Homeschool Teacher. Christ follower first. Second changes. Thankful.

Mommy?

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

What is Heaven?
Why?
I need to potty!
And in this instance, mommy, is usually loudly-pronounced MAAAAAAMMMEEEEE.
How far is Memaw's house?
Are we almost there?
I like it when daddy stays all day.
When does daddy get to stay all day?
I miss you when you're gone.
How many is several?
What does appreciate mean?
Thanks for making us dinner.
I spilled my cereal on the floor, and there's milk dripping from the table.
Where are my shoes?
Is my shirt clean?
Jesus died on the cross.
We don't have to die on a cross.
I want to pray.
Can we watch a show?
How many pages of my workbook do I have to do?
Can I play a game on your phone?
I love you.


My darling children, you are both overflowing with questions!
I love watching your eyes a window to the firework show of sparks firing within your minds as you grasp new thoughts, new words and take hold of new responsibility.

And here are my answers -
Heaven is a place more beautiful than we can imagine, where God-Jesus-and the angels live. There we'll get new bodies, ones that will still look like us but better because the new body can not get hurt - no pain - no sadness and no tears to cry. We get to be with Jesus and that will make us so very happy! Your baby sister will be waiting there for us.
Because I said so
GO!
About 150 miles, or 2 and one-half hours.
2 hours left, why don't you close your eyes, take a rest and I promise I will wake you when we get there.
I like it when daddy stays all day too!
SATURDAY
I miss you too.
More than two
To be thankful
YOU'RE WELCOME
That's okay, just go get a towel and clean it up. Mommy spills sometimes too.
I don't know, where did you put them last? Let's go look
Sorry, still in the laundry
YEP, That's right
No, you're right. Jesus died on the cross for us, so we could be saved and one-day go to live in Heaven. And this will sometimes prompt another discussion on Heaven.
Ok, Charlie you go first and then Ethan
A short one
How many do you want to do? I think 3 is a good number.
No, not right now
I LOVE YOU TOO!



Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

No comments:




Favorite Reflections