An honest reflection of me- in fragments. Imperfect- Grace Covered. Balance. Mom. Wife.
Nurse. Homeschool Teacher. Christ follower first. Second changes. Thankful.

Deductive Reasoning

Thursday, April 8, 2010

A city-goose floated, in a corporate pond.
Unaware of the traffic or onlooking 3 and 4 year old.
And me unprepared for the laughter that would soon overtake my vehicle.

"Mom, can a goose go underwater?" Ethan asked.
"I think so buddy, but not all the way under like a fish" I answered
(Jacob would have to set him straight later, if I was miss-informing him)

"Well if a goose did go underwater - a shark could eat it" Ethan said,
And Charlie's mouth opened (as big as a 3-year old mouth can) as she demonstrated how a shark would eat the goose. "Chomp-Chomp"
"Squawk" added Ethan (a simple, but appropriate last word before becoming shark-food)

I suppose a shark could eat a goose, but I don't think they live in the same type of water" I interjected.
"Different water?" - he was intrigued now!

"Shark's live in the ocean, and the ocean is salt water"
And Geese live...but before I could say "fresh-water"
Ethan shouted "PEPPER-WATER"
And his giggle evolved into a contagious belly-laugh that filled the car
And we laughed, and laughed some more as Ethan and Charlie took turns shouting out different types of condiment-water.
Barbecue-ocean, Ketchup-water, Mustard-sea...

I'm so glad we noticed that city-goose.
Thanks corporate pond.
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

No comments:




Favorite Reflections