An honest reflection of me- in fragments. Imperfect- Grace Covered. Balance. Mom. Wife.
Nurse. Homeschool Teacher. Christ follower first. Second changes. Thankful.

Empty Love

Friday, May 30, 2014



His eyes light with the love he held for me
And mine locked on his
Ten years ago we said I do
He said he wouldn't cry and I knew I would
He did
Overwhelmed with a joy that I had not known existed
Until that moment when I was his
 In front of God and everyone
Eternally free to grow with him, laugh with him, hold his hand, and be with him

 For better or worse
And when the worse came it drained our joy
Until we were empty and tired And the love was changed but for the better, stronger, more
And Still "I do" and "He does"
Because when love doesn't feel like it should, it becomes an action
And love does
It wasn't about us but about eternity
 And how we wanted to be found there - together
And how right now, matters And how we weren't good enough for each other, but God was good enough for both of us
Until the joy resurfaced and it was better
Not because we were better
 But because God is a God of love, a God of action and of miracles
And because we learned how to love each other

He loves me with empty things
Like laundry baskets and washing machines, and dishwashers and open car doors
He loves me with patience and understand and silence and time
And how he fills my empty hand with his
(he learned that from his parents) 
He loves me by listening and asking
He loves me by leading me in a way that doesn't feel lead
And I've learned how to let him
He loves me by the emptying of himself
And that kind of love makes me want to be empty for him too
He fills my gaps

This love we share works because, it's empty
It's empty of ourselves
We're not perfect
But God is
And I'm trust Him to keep leading us in the pursuit of this empty love
Love that
Moves and breathes and gives and tries and builds up and forgives and feels and hopes and keeps
Love that is enough when I'm not




Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails. - 1 Corinthians 13:4-8






Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

No comments:




Favorite Reflections