An honest reflection of me- in fragments. Imperfect- Grace Covered. Balance. Mom. Wife.
Nurse. Homeschool Teacher. Christ follower first. Second changes. Thankful.

Following your heart is easy, but is it enough?

Wednesday, May 14, 2014



"It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak.  We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea.  We are far too easily pleased."
- C.S. Lewis (The Weight of Glory, and Other Addresses)


We are encompassed by whispers of self-assurance
It's a self-made, self-reliant culture
Begging for our individual hearts to seek and find personal truth
Wrapped in dreams of temporary,
Built on fleeting pleasure, short-sighted vision and unstable emotion
"Do what feels good, follow your heart"

But assurance within ourselves is unsure at best, continually wavering
And the myth of control will always be found out as such
A myth
For within myself I can not find sustaining truth or grasp lasting pleasure
I can not control their behavior, her cancer, his work schedule, not even my own emotion
So
This beating heart bleeds
This changing emotion lies
And
This short-sighted vision is not worthy of following

I don't want to be self-made
I want to be remade
I don't want to be self-reliant
I want to be dependent
Wrapped in the reality of eternity
Built on unimaginable joy, peace, unchanging truth, purpose and promises

I don't want to do what feels good
I want to do what is right
I can't trust my heart
And so I'll seek His

I don't want to be too easily pleased
I want to be
Challenged
Uncomfortable
Brave
Real
Honest
Seeking
Giving
Trusting in something much more than myself
Encompassed by whispers of truth


Linking up with Coffee For Your Heart
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

2 comments:

Mom to 3 said...

I don't want to do what feels good
I want to do what is right
I can't trust my heart
And so I'll seek His


I loved this part. I want to seek the Saviors heart, following after His heart I know I will doing what is right. Thank you for sharing your heart with us.

Sarah said...

Yes! I need to be shaken up every now and then, pushed out of my comfort zone. I need to trust God, who always knows what is right. This made me smile and squirm at the same time!




Favorite Reflections