An honest reflection of me- in fragments. Imperfect- Grace Covered. Balance. Mom. Wife.
Nurse. Homeschool Teacher. Christ follower first. Second changes. Thankful.

Report Card

Monday, April 1, 2013

We're in the phase of life
Where S and S+ are the desired letters of choice
As I reviewed the cards stating my children's time in school was
"Satisfactory" or "Satisfactory +"
E asked if he had a good report
And we read through all the subject and his teachers comments
Yes, he had a good report.
And then over his soggy bowl frosted flakes, with the questionable milk
A life moment
"Mom, what's my spiritual report card look like?"
Deep breath
Pause
"Well...buddy, I think that's between you and God."
And that's true,
But sitting here in the quiet
After the rush of back-packs, lunch packing, shoes, cleaning up the soggy cereal, spilling the mouth wash, changing clothes, washing faces, brushing teeth, jumping in the car and then out again.
I want to answer different...
Because I'm pretty sure our card, at least my card records a lot of ugly things
U for unsatisfactory, N for needs improvement
And L for lost
But covering all the ugly words, unloving moments, failures and imperfections is one word
JESUS
And a big letter S for SAVED
---We'll have this talk later with scripture references.

For the Love of second chances to have moments that matter,
Me



Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

No comments:




Favorite Reflections