An honest reflection of me- in fragments. Imperfect- Grace Covered. Balance. Mom. Wife.
Nurse. Homeschool Teacher. Christ follower first. Second changes. Thankful.

My friends mod-podge, staple gun and hot glue

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Thanks to Pintrest
And my biological clock sensing Spring
In spite of the snow
I've been projecting
Not putting my feeling onto others
And irrationally hiding from my own psychological dysfunction
Project-ING
Completing projects

First I took our mail-littered, cluttered counter

EMBARASSING

I Put away the Z-Bars
And made a filing system
Each file uniquely it's own shade or pattern 
Mod-podge, card-stock, ugly green hanging files and a clear hanging file box from Target (clearance)


Which made my counter look like










We shall see how long I'm able to keep it like this :)

NEXT 
Re-purposing old frames
Glass was broken, fame color didn't match
Enter acrylic paint, foam-sponge brushes
Burlap
Hot glue
Foam Board
Push pins
AND.....










Broken, Vintage (aka old), Rescued (aka my friends found it cleaning out their basement)
Window
Thoroughly cleaned
Made to look shabby-chic with some acrylic blue pain (dry brush technique and water)
Verse (a 2013 family verse), written in paint pen
Wooden G from Hobby Lobby (painted white)
Card stock
WALLAH!










I also re-covered our dining room chairs
Our two have a habit of using the cushion for a napkin
And these chairs have been with us the duration of their lives
From baby food to cereal and spilled milk
They were gross
You'll just have to trust me
Tool screwdriver to remove cushion from chair
Fabulous upholstery fabric from Hobby Lobby (SALE)
And my trusty staple gun












TA-DAH....Craftastic!

For the love of hot glue, turning on the creative, my staple gun and motivation to make change-cheap,
ME


Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

1 comment:

Renee Beste said...

Way to get your craft on! I'm impressed! :)




Favorite Reflections