An honest reflection of me- in fragments. Imperfect- Grace Covered. Balance. Mom. Wife.
Nurse. Homeschool Teacher. Christ follower first. Second changes. Thankful.

Brave

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

His brown eyes sincere and sweet
With a shading of ornery
Believing, Trusting, Kind

If I had it my way
I would not choose this
This family
It's messy and awkward

But he sees the good
The potential
The need
And so he did what was needed.
And invited him to church

His invitation opened the door
For conversation
A glimpse into their reality
And empathy

His invitation opened the door
To her asking about my beliefs
1 Peter 3:15
And I laid it all out
The fall
Our need for a savior
Jesus - God's son
A perfect life lived
Death on a cross - the penalty for our sins
Paid
Acceptance of God's grace
Belief
Baptism
The transferring of Jesus perfection onto us
Learning to live for God's purpose
Acting in obedience because of love

Still, she had hesitation
But a seed was planted
And permission granted
We could take her son to church

He forced me to be brave
And I hope we're all better for it
All for the glory of God
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

No comments:




Favorite Reflections