An honest reflection of me- in fragments. Imperfect- Grace Covered. Balance. Mom. Wife.
Nurse. Homeschool Teacher. Christ follower first. Second changes. Thankful.

Whole hearted, but halfway

Sunday, October 24, 2010

My whole heart is for God
My whole heart is for my husband and kids
My whole heart is for my family
My whole heart is for my friends
My whole heart is for the girls and staff at House of Hope
My whole heart is for our service at church
My whole heart is for giving great care to the patients at work
And I wholeheartedly want to have a house that's clean and welcoming
But, sometimes my efforts are so divided my whole heart and effort feels like halfway
Just barely keeping up

Lesson learned
1. Saying No is okay - especially when the yes feels like "one more thing"
2. Baking cookies and playing front-yard whiffle ball is something to say YES to
3. Working more + sleeping less = An increased effort of self-control to keep it together and get things done
4. I love my family
5. I need to make more room for God every day, consistently
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

1 comment:

A. Reed said...

I wholeheartedly know that you are a blessing to everyone around you -- tired or "wired", "yes" or "no". All the time, in every way -- we love you and love the way you love us. :)




Favorite Reflections