An honest reflection of me- in fragments. Imperfect- Grace Covered. Balance. Mom. Wife.
Nurse. Homeschool Teacher. Christ follower first. Second changes. Thankful.

Love letters

Saturday, October 9, 2010

College ruled, creased and crisp
Passed under desks or in the hall
I remember the excited feeling, a fluttering in the pit of your stomach
I really am the luckiest -
I found a guy who still likes to write me love letters (sometimes even poetry)
He still writes to me on college ruled notebook paper
It's not always crisp, often wadded and wrinkled, and sometimes it's a recycled masterpiece
Strategically placed atop my pillow, was a note
My hands held the paper and my stomach fluttered in anticipation
Love letters, much like love, get better with age
And as I drifted off to sleep his words saturated my mind
The best lullaby I can imagine
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

1 comment:

A. Reed said...

Awwwwww!! (I'm catching up on Blogger from the past... oh, "few" weeks!) Love this!!! :)




Favorite Reflections