An honest reflection of me- in fragments. Imperfect- Grace Covered. Balance. Mom. Wife.
Nurse. Homeschool Teacher. Christ follower first. Second changes. Thankful.

Nine

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Just nine-
Nine weeks.
That's what the expectant mom said
And my nightmare of nine seeped from my memory
So, I distracted myself with grumbling about sand
As I watched Charlie's toes disappear into the giant litter box
The picture of her tiny body, still and frozen at nine weeks, clouded my mind
A gulp of water helped to dam up the tears
But the emotion of it all slowly faded into the background
As I watched Ethan run and Charlie tip toe
As I listened to the anticipation of new life and growing families
As I felt the warm sun caress my face and the gentle breeze tease my hair
I made peace, again, with loosing her
And I'm ok
I'm better than ok
I'm thankful
I'm content
I'm happy
And so is she
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

1 comment:

A. Reed said...

Thinking of you, Girl.




Favorite Reflections