An honest reflection of me- in fragments. Imperfect- Grace Covered. Balance. Mom. Wife.
Nurse. Homeschool Teacher. Christ follower first. Second changes. Thankful.

The nightmare

Friday, March 27, 2015

The darkness gripped me and silence held me hostage, so under my covers I would hide.  Eyes shut tight, awaiting rest to overtake the silence.  But even there, behind my eyes it was dark, and though I ran, fear followed.  I watched helplessly as all I knew to be love and home was stripped away until there was nothing - only me.  Alone, and afraid in the darkness, that's how the nightmares always ended.

But for some it's not a nightmare
Life is a walking dream that doesn't end when eyes open 
Parents loose babies and Daughters lose their Mommas
Cancer steals away time and Time is always fleeting
Husbands cheat, Wives cry and Families get by 
We're all dying

...he [Jesus] became flesh and blood... for only as a human being could he die and in dying break the power of the devil who had the power of death. Only in that way could he deliver those who through fear of death have been living all their lives as slaves to constant dread. 
-- Hebrews 10:14-15

In my nightmares I never died
I was more afraid of living without, of loosing, of watching those I love break than of death itself
But not anymore
Because I know I am never alone, and the One who goes with me is trustworthy
So when the unthinkable happens
When lives break and nightmares become reality
We can choose to be afraid, to run, to freeze, or we can choose to be at peace in His brokenness
Break out of the normal, and the accepted - Walk into that which is beyond your reason
Choose to put your full weight in something that's bigger than yourself, 
Trust
Forgive, be forgiven
Feel
Love and be loved
Rest
Be broken, but don't let the world break you
Because death has no power - and fear is no longer worthy of being called your master




Linking up with Kate Motaung and the 
FMF writers, todays word - Break
Over HERE
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

very encouraging post jamie...i love the encouragement that no matter what comes, God is able to help us during the times of struggle and depressions or sadness. thanks:)

Leah said...

Thank you for reminding us of the power of what Jesus did for us and how we must let it encompass everything in our lives! (visiting from FMF)

Tiffany said...

Trust and choosing to put our full weight on God - its often so much easier said than done. But it's what He longs for and it's what we need. Such encouragement in your words and reminders that He is able to bear that weight. Thank you for sharing.




Favorite Reflections