An honest reflection of me- in fragments. Imperfect- Grace Covered. Balance. Mom. Wife.
Nurse. Homeschool Teacher. Christ follower first. Second changes. Thankful.

Giving Up for the Gathering

Thursday, March 5, 2015



Week after week we gather together 
Prioritizing life around something called life-group
It's not legalistic or ritualistic or religious
It's just life
Here, the word fellowship is made real in cups of coffee, cookies and confession 

Gathering is giving up time to show up
And life is more fully lived when people show up
Uniting in forgiveness and the sacrifice of time
Because
Encouragement doesn't come from strangers 
It's found in the faces of the ones who know your heart and your mistakes
And if we don't rub shoulders - how are we going to rub off on each other?

A day is coming when we'll be gathered 
And on the day our Savior shows up I'll be ready because you showed up 
Until then, I need you to rub off on me, encourage me, forgive me, inspire me, love me
And collectively give up for the gathering


Linking up with the  Five Minute Friday writers
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love to gather together with others too. The community of just being together and experiencing life is so important. How neat that you have a life group that you can be apart of and that encourages you! Thanks for sharing!
Blessings,
Carrie

Andrew said...

Life is more fully lived when people show up.

Brilliant. Absolutely the best thing I read this year. Or last year, for that matter.

http://blessed-are-the-pure-of-heart.blogspot.com/2015/03/gather-good-marriage-five-minute-friday.html

Marie said...

"Gathering is giving up time to show up."

So much truth here. Truth I need to ponder.

Mary Geisen said...

Beautiful! Life is more fully lived when people show up and encouragement is found in the faces of the ones who know your heart and mistakes. This sums it up so beautifully. Have a blessed weekend!




Favorite Reflections