An honest reflection of me- in fragments. Imperfect- Grace Covered. Balance. Mom. Wife.
Nurse. Homeschool Teacher. Christ follower first. Second changes. Thankful.

Shouting

Saturday, January 15, 2011

There's a new trend developing at the G house
It's not one I'm fond of in the least
It's the tune-mom-out trend
It goes something like this...
Please go put on socks and shoes
Socks and shoes please
Put down the toy and put on your socks and shoes
Do you have your socks and shoes on?
No?
What did mommy ask you to do 3-times already
Put on your socks and shoes
Gradually with each request my tone is
Less patient
More irritated
Increasing in volume

Shouting doesn't work
Regrettably, I know - because I've tried.

I've found getting the kids undivided attention requires me giving them mine.
I can not ask, while rushing around completing my own task, or shout commands from downstairs to up
A request is best delivered on their level, while still, in a controlled tone

It's not a perfect world
I'm not perfect
And so sometimes
I shout
At least I already know the solution

For the love of self-control, heightened listening skills and short-lived trends,
Me

PS: I started a new diet, hoping it's going to be a lifestyle change not a diet.
PPS: I am hungry.
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

No comments:




Favorite Reflections