An honest reflection of me- in fragments. Imperfect- Grace Covered. Balance. Mom. Wife.
Nurse. Homeschool Teacher. Christ follower first. Second changes. Thankful.

Step Up

Saturday, January 29, 2011

I didn't believe in being "called"
God changed my mind
And He laid the path before me
I wasn't sure I was fit for the job
He reassured me
I got involved
He walks beside me
I took on organizing a 5K
He directed my planning
He went before me
He is working it out
So the date is set
The site is reserved
There is a lot of tentative,
But I'm stepping up and trusting in Him

"But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.  They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not faint." - Isaiah 40:31

Mark you calendars:
Saturday, June 18th
And come take a step for Hope

Hope Challenge, healing the hearts of teens one step at a time

"...for he purified their hearts by faith." - Acts 15:9b
"Faith comes by hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ."
- Romans 10:17
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

2 comments:

Jess said...

Good for you! I know that'll be a lot of hard work planning that but if you need help, let me know! I can spread the word on my blog when you get more details about it!

JamieLGunn said...

Thanks for your encouragement Jess! And I would love for your help spreading the word.
Here are the details :

Hope Challenge 5K
June 18th
8:00 am
5K
Theis Park, Kansas City MO

--Benefiting House of Hope KC, a comprehensive residential treatment facility for hurting teens and their families.




Favorite Reflections