An honest reflection of me- in fragments. Imperfect- Grace Covered. Balance. Mom. Wife.
Nurse. Homeschool Teacher. Christ follower first. Second changes. Thankful.

The Christmas Letter Cop-out

Friday, December 12, 2014

You know what I'm really good at?
Decorating and baking and hosting and gifting and going 
AND getting overwhelmed and selfish and irritable and lost in the middle of all the traditions
Last October God gave me a message
"Un-Clutter your Christmas"
And then he asked me to share it...so I have (twice)
Want to hear it? Or share it with your Church group?  Or book club? Shoot me an email!

I'm also working on applying it!
Step Twelve - quit stressing about stamps and signatures, write an e-Christmas letter without guilt
Step Thirteen - have the kids contribute their own updates

Gunn Kid updates:
I am E.  I like building with legos, playing video games, playing basketball, hanging out with friends, and playing guitar.  I am 9 years old.  I have been playing the guitar for one year and my favorite song to play right now is Hark the Herald Angels Sing (because it's Christmas time).  We have had a good homeschool year, it has gone a lot smoother than last year.  I enjoy doing Advent as a family it is a fun counting down the days until Christmas.  Merry Christmas!

My name is CGG.  I am 7 years old.  I like playing with my stuffed animals, and hanging out with friends.  I love my cat Ellie because she is fluffy and cute, I love dogs too but Dad won't let us get one.  My favorite restaurant is Chipotle and I love to bake cookies with Mom.  Ethan is nine and he's the best brother in the world.  I do theatre and will be in the musical Cinderella in February.  I have had a good year of school, it is has gone a lot smoother than last year.  Merry Christmas!

They also included our ages as well as lists of their friends names and school subjects, but I thought I'd edit that out.
So homeschool...
The consensus among the students is it's a lot smoother than last year.  
Funny they used the same language
And I agree, year two has provided us with a sense of our new normal and a schedule that's manageable.  While everyday is different and being both Mom and teacher has it's challenges I wouldn't trade the time I get to spend with them each day for anything.

As for the J and I ten years later he still holds my hand
Love changes but it's never boring or tiring and it's amazing how it grows with us
Still a feeling but also an action
Stronger and deeper when we choose to be faithful in all the little things

God is REAL 
Jesus came
He's coming again 
The Holy Spirit guides 
And we hope you will experience these truths in your everyday
Our life is simple but overflowing
And we're thankful




**To get blog post sent directly to your email



Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

No comments:




Favorite Reflections