An honest reflection of me- in fragments. Imperfect- Grace Covered. Balance. Mom. Wife.
Nurse. Homeschool Teacher. Christ follower first. Second changes. Thankful.

Bad Attitude Christmas

Sunday, December 7, 2014



Santa came, he wears a brown suit and drives a UPS truck
Sounds of popping bubble wrap is the percussion to our daily song
And our room looks like Amazon vomited smiles all over it
It's Christmas time and I love everything about it
I love that it pairs well with baking, and cinnamon everything
I love the smells, the lights, the music
I love how people seem like they care a little bit more about people 
And I love the excuse to get caught up in the little things, like cutting snow flakes, and sticky fingers and sipping hot chocolate 
Making time to remember and to make memories
Today we cut down our tree
But the memory of how I felt on the inside looks something like this...

Aren't we pretty?














Oh don't worry there were about 17 other photos of us trying not to look irritated as well as a 24 second slow-motion video of us smiling - taken by our exceptionally sour (except for when he was trying to be funny) nine year old.
He didn't like the tree
EVERY tree he liked was still in the growing stage not marked for sale, or it was 18 ft tall 
Everything was taking to long, and yet he complained there wasn't enough time
He thought today was going to be "different" 
Well, SO DID I
And I just kept thinking how he was missing it
And ruining it for me...
Because I LOVE this stuff
And you only get Christmas once a year
So we took our compromise tree home 
And settled on this...
"Buddy, we're disappointed that you chose to see what was lacking instead of what we got to share.  We wish you would tell us what's going on inside of your brain.  We love that we had today and no matter how today went, we love you.  We love you because you're ours.  And there's no good you can do to make us love you more, nor could any bad attitude, rebellion, or failure ever make us love you less." 

And as we read our Advent verse that told us of the coming of Christ it sank in deep
He loves me
Patient, Powerful Creator, God loves me
Not because I'm kind, or good, or worth it
And in spite of me being short tempered, selfish, stubborn and broken
He loves me because I'm His
And He came because I needed Him
No good I can do to make Him love me more
No bad attitude or rebellion or failure could ever make Him love me less
Because I am Him - He loves me
And He loves you too
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love your honest reflections!! Thanks for sharing!!




Favorite Reflections