An honest reflection of me- in fragments. Imperfect- Grace Covered. Balance. Mom. Wife.
Nurse. Homeschool Teacher. Christ follower first. Second changes. Thankful.

When you need put back together

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Light is too bright and sounds resonate inside my head
Routine makes me weary
Normal takes unnecessary effort
And there is always more to do
I am not myself
Broken
Impatient healing

He brushes the hair from my eyes
Holding my cheeks he whispers the words
"you are the glue - always giving and putting others before yourself - you hold us together"
His hands melt into mine and I rest on his shoulder
In peaceful, life giving silence
I rest

But I don't feel like the glue
I am overwhelmed by the mountain of laundry
And dusty shelves
And deadlines that won't be met
And one more night of take-out leaves me feeling inadequate
How can I hold everyone together when I can't hold myself together

I need held
Here in my impatience, and inability
I need pasted and pieced together
And here on his shoulder feeling like not enough
The Spirit breathes into our silence
...in Him all things hold together

So, for today I'm okay to be broken
Held together by a big God
Resting in His promises
Trusting His plan
Growing Patience
Learning to accept help
Thankful to be held

Colossians 1:17




One Word - Five Minutes - Wonderful Community - Lisa-Jo Baker
Five Minute Friday

Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

4 comments:

Scribbler said...

"I need held
Here in my impatience, and inability
I need pasted and pieced together"
so. good. thank you for these words.
--a Five Minute Friday neighbor. :)

Katie said...

Love this- and can totally relate. I was feeling guilty that we ate out again tonight and this helped. Love this picture you painted of the rest and comfort He offers to our weary hearts.

Unknown said...

Visiting from FMF. I especially love the last paragraph! It's nice to know we don't have to be strong all the time and He doesn't expect us to.
Blessings!

Marisa Slusarcyk said...

Amen




Favorite Reflections