An honest reflection of me- in fragments. Imperfect- Grace Covered. Balance. Mom. Wife.
Nurse. Homeschool Teacher. Christ follower first. Second changes. Thankful.

Sunday School Writing Revelations

Monday, March 25, 2013

I'm not skinny
I can't buy regular length jeans
My hair is wavy
It seems my best friends are petite
My husband can loose 5 pounds just by running a mile
That last one may be an exaggeration

I've wasted too much time
Comparing
Envying
Trying to alter and adjust the version of me
HE created
And I never stopped to think how that would make God
My creator feel

TRUTH - It makes him angry

Contentment is a CHOICE
Choosing God
His provision
His plan
And His creation

Through Numbers 11, the Holy Spirit gave me this conclusion.
When we choose to complain about our circumstances or the qualities that makes us who we are – we are acting with hearts that are ungrateful to God.  God, who made us who we are and has provided for us everything we need.  

I can not imagine eating manna, and only manna, for who knows how many days
After so long, I imagine, I would forget the miracle of the provision
Just as I forget the meticulousness that was the knitting together of me inside my mother 31 years ago
HE thought about me, forming each piece both external and internal
LIFE is so much more
Than skinny jeans off the rack
Straight hair
And working with self-control to eat right and be a healthy weight
It's about glorying our creator
With all that we are
All that He created us to be

Psalm 139:13-14, Proverbs 19:23 and Philippians 11:4-13

For the love of insight into what really matters, repentance, and a thankful heart,
ME
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed your post Jamie! I've had a similar insight several years ago, when I was coming to the house from the car along with Trevor who was probably 3 years old and he was talking (loud). We got on the screened-in porch and it seemed even louder. I said to him, "Trevor, you're LOUD!" and he replied "I know, Jesus maked me WOUD!"----And I thought that's the answer I could have been making all of my life to critics (and I've had many) who made fun of my weight "I know, Jesus maked me fat!" Ha! Love Ya, Mawna




Favorite Reflections