An honest reflection of me- in fragments. Imperfect- Grace Covered. Balance. Mom. Wife.
Nurse. Homeschool Teacher. Christ follower first. Second changes. Thankful.

A Seasonally Affected February

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

The cold is piercing
And the emptiness of outside
Torments
It's a barren time of year
And the grey consumes
Life is buried
Under hardened earth, and snow
Awaiting the sun
Longing

Air fills my lungs, but I can't breathe
I rise to face the day, but can't move
Like the daffodils, frozen beneath the snow
I'm frozen
Fighting the numbness and weight
Of the grey
Of the void
Of the lies

So I go through the motions
And smile like I mean it
It's imperfect
But forgiven
And
Slowly
The sun permeates the grey
Melting the icy oppression
Truth pervades
Like rays of light warming through a window
Prayers raised bring peace
The void fills
Numbness bows to perception
And the grey morphs


Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

No comments:




Favorite Reflections