An honest reflection of me- in fragments. Imperfect- Grace Covered. Balance. Mom. Wife.
Nurse. Homeschool Teacher. Christ follower first. Second changes. Thankful.

Heavy

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Anxious
Pleading
Hope fleeting
Helpless
Grasping
She watches
As her child fades
Me,
I'm just a bystander
And
As her heart
Begins to break
Grieve
Struggle with reality
And
Fall apart
I listen
Wipe tears
Hers and
The ones welling up in mine
I titrate drips
Hold hands
Support tired bodies
Push medication
And whisper silent prayers for peace
Yet still he slips
And she looses
It's too heavy to carry
So I lay it down
At the feet of the One who carried it all
Bore the burdens
Endured the pain
Suffered ridicule
Tasted abandonment
And lived
So I can too
It's too heavy
Yet, I rest
Knowing
Hope is beyond this world
Above my comprehension
And slowly
It's not as heavy
And I continue to whisper
Knowing He hears





Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

1 comment:

Natasha said...

It seems death surrounds me right now. Went to the funeral of my best friend's dad this week. Now my great aunt on Saturday. Feel sad for a young college boy who was killed in an accident. Your post says it all.




Favorite Reflections