An honest reflection of me- in fragments. Imperfect- Grace Covered. Balance. Mom. Wife.
Nurse. Homeschool Teacher. Christ follower first. Second changes. Thankful.

Don't Party Without Me

Thursday, March 7, 2013

My husband
From first meet
Has a habit of making me laugh
He's funny
Even when explaining his own jokes
It's what I found most attractive about him
Eight years later
His uncanny ability to interject sarcasm and wit still make me laugh
FYI, it's still attractive
And there's this joy he gets from my laugh
That makes laughing at even the worst joke worth it
It's part of what makes our life so happy
His gift for funny
And my love of laughing at with him



It was a normal evening,
Me slaving over a hot stove
J unloading and re-loading the dishwasher
The kids scattering legos for us to step on later in the living room
J's moments of wit are unplanned (most of the time)
And
Often strike when we're alone
Laughter is apart of most normal evenings
And as usual
Above the sound of dishes and cooking
My laughter echoed
Our first born rushed into catch the one-liner
But seeing he was too late
His simple and disappointed question was
"Why are you guys always partying without me?" 

I can't remember how we responded...
But I know we waited till he left the room to repeat and laugh some more

For the love of laughter, children, marriage, and partying,
Me
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

No comments:




Favorite Reflections