An honest reflection of me- in fragments. Imperfect- Grace Covered. Balance. Mom. Wife.
Nurse. Homeschool Teacher. Christ follower first. Second changes. Thankful.

For your birthday

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Orange carpet and a fold out couch
A ringing bell when illness fell
A heavy oak table and
Lists of tasks to do
Bustling kitchen with a window overlooking
All our outside play
Stands filled with your support and cheer
A coach in life
Teacher, in scripture and in prayer
An interior decorator who encouraged creativity
Pillows and blankets, wall-paper and pics
And self-expression, even if manifested in purple hair
Dark brown and ivory the keys ringing with your skill
Singing together makes me smile still
Allowing mistakes, always
Forgiving and patient
Open to conversation, encouraging and kind
A home open to all friends
Rice krispie-treats and brownies at the ready
--------------------------------------------------------
I still call you momma, but I call you friend too
I've learned to make lists all on my own
My kitchen window now looks over outside play
When sick, I wish I still had a bell
Now I'm the cheerleader and the life coach too
I hope music fills my home just like it did when I lived in yours
Allowing mistakes is awful hard
I pray and read, which helps me to be patient, forgiving and kind


For the love of a birthday's, and recalling memories of how you made me into who I am,
Me


Happy 51st birthday Mom.



Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

No comments:




Favorite Reflections