An honest reflection of me- in fragments. Imperfect- Grace Covered. Balance. Mom. Wife.
Nurse. Homeschool Teacher. Christ follower first. Second changes. Thankful.

Revision 3.0

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Another day 
Another chance
Everyday I wake, I choose not to waste it.

More time to try, 
Though, I understand it's not ME that accomplishes,
Resting in grace and growing in patience.

More of me to understand while I ponder my reflection,
Beauty from the inside-out- the real definition.
Wrinkles of wisdom, 
Crows feet from reading and prayer.
Laugh lines of true joy, 
Hands weathered by care.

Time to rely more on the One who knows
Even when I don't feel like it
Because in reliance is growth.

So to this year, and for all the revisions to come...
I never imagined 30 would feel so young.

Her hands cradle her cheeks as if she's feeling for something lost in the past, yet her smile is sweet and full of contentment.  From her lips the simple statement said with the ringing of laughter;
"I look in the mirror and think, I don't feel that old." 
-Mawna, 40 years my senior.
While her face may reflect her age, her heart remains young, beautiful, honest, and she overflows with love and contentment. 
Here's hoping I'll be as beautiful as she is too...one day.

Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

No comments:




Favorite Reflections