An honest reflection of me- in fragments. Imperfect- Grace Covered. Balance. Mom. Wife.
Nurse. Homeschool Teacher. Christ follower first. Second changes. Thankful.

2010 Thanksgiving Edition

Thursday, November 25, 2010

I am thankful :

For a God who gives me grace, strength during trial and a cup over-flowing with blessings
For a husband who reads over my shoulder while I blog, makes me cry with his hug of love and care, then makes me laugh by spouting off different "words" we could make with only 4 our of the 5 letters of P-E-A-C-E.
For a son that still wants to hold my hand and lets me hold him tight; whose mind is sharp and heart is soft.
For a daughter who challenges me to be more fun and spontaneous; whose passion is intense and imagination larger than life.
For a mom who's grown to be my friend; and who wasn't afraid to not be a friend when that's what I needed.
For the big hugs and random shoulder squeezes from a dad whose love language is time and touch.
For a brother that's honest and realistic and who rules both the office and play time.
For a  sister-in-law that's an amazing mom, aunt and best friend; whose contentment and ease of spirit encourages me to grow.
For a brother I can mentor as he opens himself; who shares his heart, his failures and his joy (I'm so proud of him).
For a girl who's my sister in Christ, who's laughter and faith has brought joy and strength to my afore mentioned brother (I hope to call you sister someday!)
For a best friend who has always been there; and whose prayer and accountability mean the world to me.
For a second family who shares life with us; whose children are as dear to me as my own; and whose friendship is unlike any other and irreplaceable.
For a life group made up of friends who encourage me in the word as we walk in the world.

I'm thankful for our home, a full fridge, cars to get us from here to there, but a life full of "stuff" would be empty without relationship.  Relationship with God, family and friends.
And so while I'm blessed with lots of stuff, mostly it's the people and my God for who I give thanks!
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

1 comment:

A. Reed said...

And we're so very thankful for you, Lady! Love you!




Favorite Reflections