An honest reflection of me- in fragments. Imperfect- Grace Covered. Balance. Mom. Wife.
Nurse. Homeschool Teacher. Christ follower first. Second changes. Thankful.

Light...

Saturday, August 15, 2009

A familiar pew
Lime carpet, stained and ragged
Wilting wallpaper and wood-paneling

A legacy of faith surrounds me
Jacob gently grasp my hand
Our children recline quietly between us

Salty tears stain my cheeks
Truth resounds in my ears
The image replays in my mind

The absence of light
Darkness
The light of the world
Jesus

They tried to beat the light out of Him
In Crucifixion, they tried to extinguish the light
But it was not theirs to squelch

The light of the world shines
As He did in the beginning, as He always will

Lost in the dark?
Look around
Can you see it?
He shines for you
Will you open your eyes?
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

No comments:




Favorite Reflections