An honest reflection of me- in fragments. Imperfect- Grace Covered. Balance. Mom. Wife.
Nurse. Homeschool Teacher. Christ follower first. Second changes. Thankful.

And I watch you watching you

Wednesday, September 5, 2018



I watch you watching you
Every pane that has a reflection pulls you in to see
It’s probably just a phase, that’s the lie I tell me
But I am afraid
Afraid of the time you take,
Afraid of the control the reflection seems to wield
Afraid, as I watch you watching you


You don’t look at you the way you used to
A quick glance lingers, what thoughts do you think as your eyes strain to see
Mind twisted, distorted reflection
It is the thought, and the obsession
The only reflection you see is lacking
The only words you hear deceiving
We pray and plead and cry and try
With desperation we fight with truth against the lies
And we watch
Watch you watching you


There are days I think you see, days I think you hear, days I think maybe you’re not consumed with with the idea of watching you.  
But the watching days won’t relent, they seem to want to stay
And I fear you’re wasting away
Wasting away as I watch you watching you


Sharing these fragmented words written in real time a year ago in hopes they will bring understanding, encouragement and healing to others who are experiencing or have experienced the same trauma that is a mental illness diagnosis.
You are strong enough.
You can.
You are worth the fight.
You are loved.



Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This Share on Google Plus Share on Tumblr

No comments:




Favorite Reflections